We often don’t realise that there are frenimies around us. Frenimies are enemies in the guise of friends or relatives.
A person doesn’t necessarily need to stab us behind our backs to be categorised as as a Frenemy.
My observation is, they talk sweetly in front of us, they come to us when they are in need of help or guidance, or need our company to pass their time, or just to be around to find out what we are upto, or pass comments which we can clearly feel isn’t in our best interest; such people would also not support or appreciate us with all their hearts, or sometimes be plain jealous of us for reasons best known to them. The worst part being, they will not be around when we’d need them.
It’s important to note:
- such people are yet to evolve as a complete Human Being who truly understand the actual meaning of ‘Being a Friend’ and develop certain universally accepted qualities that qualify to be a ‘Friend’, such as compassion, empathy, kindness, being caring, helpful, appreciative.
- It is good to disassociate with such people (if physically not possible, mentally we must and keep distance) until they evolve, because in their current state of being they are merely energy drainers.
- Please note, they aren’t bad people per se, it’s just their current state of mind that’s making them say or do such things. Their behaviour isn’t going to stay such life long, unless they choose not to acknowledge their flaws and work on them.
- Every human being evolves gradually, some learn and adapt faster than others, however everyone does, and when they do we must welcome them with all our heart.
- We all have these negative attributes within us, to some degree, but staying true to ‘our values’ and to ‘our friends’ is absolutely non-negotiable, and we must acknowledge and be aware of our own flaws, and make an effort to work on ourselves.
- Working on our emotional and mental well-being constantly is as important as exercising regularly for physical well-being.