Have you ever been in a mental space, when you caught yourself thinking or suggesting ‘they don’t deserve to live’, ‘he/she should be beaten up to death’, ‘i wish life throws this challenge at them so they learn’, ‘they don’t deserve all good in life’ ‘they deserve this ill treatment’ or any such similar thought that may have crossed your mind, ever, upon seeing or hearing a horrific news report, I’d like to bring the following points to your attention that I have learnt:
- We, human beings are emotional beings and, often get charged up with emotions when we come from the place of perceived hurt or pain;
- it’s okay to express emotions, generally speaking, as that’s what it’s meant for, however, wishing anyone pain or death, is absolutely negative and makes us a toxic person (until we heal our emotional self), whether we like to admit it or not;
- our bodies testify our toxicity, everytime we enter the negative space, by generating not so good feelings within, which makes us uncomfortable and it’s often instantly felt in our gut or throat or chest; do pay attention next time;
- our toxicity not only destroys our own peace of mind, its pervasive in nature and can easily bleed into our environment (wherever we go, home, office, our virtual space);
- the worst part being, if left unchecked, it could proliferate into similar negative thoughts and feelings making us feel worse about living in this ‘bad world’ ‘filled with bad people’, which then manifests in our reality in the shape of arguments or odd events leading to an odd day, making us feel worse about ourselves or our lives, all the more;
- if we sit quietly and ponder where it all started, we’d realise how we sabotage our own peace of mind, our physical and mental health and peace of life;
- We create our own peace and we destroy it ourselves. If we want peace, we need to learn to prioritise our peace of mind and choose only the information that makes us feel better from within.
- We need to listen or read any news, with the state of no mind, assign no meaning and take information as is, to keep our peace intact; these tools I have shared in my previous blog posts;
- Wish others healing instead of pain, we’d save ourselves all the emotional and mental pain we generally so easily go through on a day to day basis, without realising;
- please note, any physical or mental harm done with malicious intent cannot possibly be done by a healthy person with a healthy mind, it’s a universally accepted fact, and such person definitely needs to heal. To be punished or not, is not in our control; let law of jurisdiction or law of karma decide that;
- I am not suggesting don’t raise your voice against the wrong, please do, but make sure (a) you choose right words which has a positive outcome; (b) your action (verbal or physical) makes an impact, it reaches the right place where it’ll make a difference or else it’d not only be a wasted effort but a reason for destruction of your own mental peace;
Choose healing, spread peace.